THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Meet the Team: Jennifer


Jennifer Moyes- Naughty but Nice


Hi my name is Jennifer and I'm an alcoholic... No really.

Born in Johannesburg this crazy girl has discovered just about everything there is to discover in life. Arriving at Rhodes after already taking a gap year, I was a year older than everyone else but unfortunately none the wiser. I decided to study the degree without a soul- a Bachelor of Commerce and I had to find out what I loved the hard way. It was only through a year of total misery that I discovered that Journalism was my calling. So this is how I arrived in first year as a granny, albeit happy that I had gone through my mid-life crisis, at well, the quarter of my life.

I'm a very friendly person once you get to know me, although I do have a tendency to be rather insane at times. I'm usually found in the company of the creatures I call my friends, reading my favourite blogs, or pondering the mysteries of life over a coffee and a cigarette. I also have the annoying habit of putting alot of smiley faces in my non-academic writing =) I love fashion- although I'm more inclined to Coco Chanel than Kimora Lee Simmons. I'm also passionate about creating awareness about mental illnesses, especially depression and bipolar disorder, as well taking every day as it comes and taking the time out to appreciate my friends and family. (Yes I sound like a Hallmark card, but trust me, this girl is anything but saccharine sweet.) I also believe in looking at things from every angle, which is why I'm always open to every side of the story. But shit, what do I know? I'm just a first year =).







0 comments: