THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blog Writing Assignment: By Sungeni Chithambo

I intend to contribute successfully to this blog by openly expressing my opinions about Journalism and anything relevant to reading. As a group, it is essential that we draw readers from all around the globe. One of the most crucial aims in regard to our blog is to interact with a wide range of individuals in order to consider things which may not have been considered before. I aim to engage in effective peer to peer relationships – sharing ideas and opinions is the way to acquiring knowledge and understanding. I am a creative individual with a belief that the world has a great deal to offer. Engaging with other critical Journalism students will allow me and others to view Journalism in new and different ways. Because this blog aims to deal with various forms of media other than mainstream media, it is important for us to encourage others to apply other literary genres to their lives.

I take my hat off to African writers with genuine African stories to tell. We can incorporate so many aspects of the issues dealt with in these stories to our lives as Journalism students. This can only be a benefit. I would like to use this blog to question forms of media that I am not generally exposed to or those that I take for granted. This is what our blog is for – a medium for expression and interaction. As a young blogger, unlimited by my thoughts and attitudes, it is important to take the initiative to give myself and others a voice.

My identity as a young African woman, unsure of her Journalistic future, is just one aspect of my personality. I am still to discover more. There may be others who relate to my situations, goals and desires. This blog can give me access to the educated contributions of other young Journalists. Life as a Journalism student is not the same for everyone. Learning about others, and through them, can only influence my own experience. Life is one great trek full of exploring and seeking, and for a Journalist – transforming and informing society. I am not a dynamic reformer but my colourful personality can impact other budding Journalists even if just for a short while.

Journalism deviates from other fields of study – the public and unrestricting nature of this study attracts open-minded individuals such as me. There is so much opportunity in this field. Hard work required yes, but hard work (as most of us have learnt), reaps rewards. We are still to discover the rewards that Journalism brings – including positive changes in our identity. Change begins from small things like blogs and our group blog, Revolution Readers, is here to start a revolution indeed!

Follow my tweet on http://twitter.com/sungeni

0 comments: