THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Semenya not up for exams – thanks to ASA: Sungeni Chithambo

While reading ‘The Times’ online, I came across an article entitled “Semenya too traumatized to write exams”. Now, anything about Caster Semenya catches my eye because I feel so much remorse for what she’s going through. For real. BBC News recently published a story about this. I am in favour of the way this article was written, except the headline which is entitled “Traumatised Semenya ‘skips exams’ ”. Although it appears to be a witty headline, it seems as though she is being mocked. In my opinion, the headline should mock Athletics South Africa (ASA) because they certainly deserve to take the blame. The poor young WOMAN, hermaphrodite or not, is only 18 and in university – her final exams looming. It is understandable that she can’t study for them, let alone write them. At least the University of Pretoria understands that questioning someone’s gender is bound to leave them distressed.
I reckon that the person who wrote this article is seriously frowning upon the actions of the world athletics body, ASA and those other insensitive people who are to blame. I support the way the world athletics body and ASA are made out to be the “bad guys”. Hidden behind this ideology lies the writer’s loyalty for Caster. ASA is refusing to comment on the mess they have caused, and they are mentioned a few times in quite a negative light. I along with several organisations say axe the head of ASA! He deserves it.

0 comments: